Wednesday, January 17, 2007

This is me at age 23.


...ok I just lied this was taken a few days before I turned 23. But what the heck hey!

I had a good birthday day. I usually hate birthdays because to be honest I hype them up when i know nothing is going to happen. But i had a really good one. it was just a good day. I got up and had an eye appointment at 9:15, my eyes are still progressively getting worse. I picked out new frames and will be picking them up hopefully friday!! Then I did a couple errands liek going to the bank and buying stamps. Meanwhle I got a phone call from maia, a text from nicole, a text from rysu and a call from Ben. All wonderful birthday wishes. I went for sushi with maia, great birthday treat! then headed to school. after school i went out with me mom bought some veggies and a "healthy" cake. then i had a blast at church with some great friends learning about 1 peter, it gave me a taste of what school with my "core" friends would be like...two words...gong. show. hahaha then i was like HEY we should go to a movie. So i sped home ate some of the oddest cake i've ever had and headed to the theatre! we saw "the persuit of happyness" *mispelled on purpuse* it was pretty good! i was tired and antsy by the end though. THEN i came home and was bombarded by a number of birthday emails and messages from so many of my lovely friends. yeah it was a good day. tomorrow i'm going to celebrate it with a wee get together at corrie and natty's! i'm stoked.

I'm excited for this semester. already i feel better about it. last semester, last year, was odd. But I'm going to be more disiplined this semester, a great deal of this being in my faith. In our youth we've labeled this year the year of "change" and I pray and believe it will be.

7 comments:

Flip Flops Anonymous said...

Amen!! This IS going to be the year of 'change'. We'll hold each other to that ;) I'm so glad that you felt well celebrated and loved :) BECAUSE YOU ARE!! Can't wait to see you at your partay tonite!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! or as they say in my other home...
MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY!
yay, for your new glasses, yay for great friends, yay for healthy cake!
Yay for Megs!! Yay for her 23 years!
I'm glad it was full of all sorts of little blessings.
I pray that your whole year is like that :D
Birthday Kisses, Grace

Anonymous said...

Weird, well we know God is working when we come up with the same ideas. (My blog of today is about change). It's exciting that we never stay the same, but we keep on learning how to give things up to God (and for me, learning to have more PASSION when it comes to Jesus).

Anonymous said...

AAAAHhhhh *Runs out of the room screaming*
I cant believe I forgot your birthday this year, Meggles. Oh my goodness - I am so sorry!
But I love you just the same and I'm excited for another year of Megan awesomeness. I love you an hope this is a wonderful year.
(Btw, watch your email for an email about San Francisco soon)

Anonymous said...

You should take a picture with your NEW glasses on. You're smokin in those glasses. BAHA!! I said smokin...who says that?!?!

Anonymous said...

ps - that was me (maia). it will only let me post comments as 'anonymous'?!

Flip Flops Anonymous said...

pps - that pic of you is TOO cute!!