In 2.5 hours *2am* I'll be bording a bus, along with some fellow CBC youth work majors, driving 2 hours to get to Seatle then flying to Chicago O'hare Int. then bording another plan to reach St. Louis at somepoint tomorrow afternoon.
I've never been to Missouri! I'm excited to scratch another state off my list. One day I'd like to have been to them all!
Just kiddin'! Although I'm sure I'll see it that isn't why we're going.
We will be attending the National Youth Specialties Youth Conference thingy!
Where thousands of youth pastors and youth workers get together and have a party. There are a ton of speakers and seminars, concerts etc! It's our time to be the youth....
Here are some quick facts about St. Louis for you:
- The custom of placing chocolate on hotel pillows began here when the actor Cary Grant used chocolate for wooing purposes at the Mayfair Hotel downtown.
- The St. Louis Cardinals have won more world championships than any other National League team.
- The first successful parachute jump to be made from a moving airplane was made by Captain Berry at St. Louis, in 1912 **note "successful**
- The state animal is the Mule.
- The tallest man in documented medical history was Robert Pershing Wadlow from St. Louis. He was 8 feet, 11.1 inches tall