Tuesday, January 23, 2007

12.09 and so much on my mind.


sometimes lists are so much easier:

home group got me thinkin...

  • as Gods children we box ourselves and try to make ourselves fit into the "stereotypes" of the good christian "male" or "female"
  • if we get stuck in stereotypes of what christians are to be like what is the outside world getting stuck in
  • i definatly don't fit into stereotypes
  • even though the word "authentic" is being thrown around like no tomorrow it is a really key issue that must be lived out in our faith and our lives with eachother and the world around us
  • peter was a great guy who i can relate to, he messed up, he struggled....
  • peter is a guy that i can learn from...he had a living hope that became the instructor and outcome of his faith...

School got me thinkin....

  • giving a youth talk is way more work than i would like it to be but that preparation is vital
  • i'm not in a school frame of mind
  • i love sitting by windows in class ...some great distractions...
  • ministry is so dynamic and really exciting
  • i have been given some amazing ministry opportunities that i've approached with mediocracy...

life has got me thinkin' ....

  • no matter how much time you have it is never enough
  • relationships are an amazing blessing and need to be continuously cultivated
  • aspertaime *apsertaine?...i'm too lazy to go to dictionary.com* is disgusting
  • it is easy to jump to conclusions...
  • prayer has to be a way of life
  • what would Christ' mannerisms be?
  • i can't visit everyone that i want too in the next few months...but san.fran. is sounding like a great possiblitiy
  • being "interested" in someone can be a daunting task
  • i'm spending too much in the car alone, without my cd player
  • i'm a fan of hugh grant...my sis and bro in law got me notting hill for my b-day...love it!
  • i miss the sun

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well now you've got me thinkin'

Flip Flops Anonymous said...

I like your thoughts :) Homegroup definitely got me thinking too...we had some great discussions last night. There is so much more of Christ that I want to discover...I'm stoked. I'm also stoked that you are a part of my 'journey' in life and that we are going to learn a ton from one another *gives me warm fuzzies*. OH, sidebar, do you want to go to the Jars concert with me?! Check out my blog for the details. LOVE YA!! *MUAH* (ps- I also like sitting by windows...)