Thursday, January 25, 2007

Dispensationalism

i heard that a lot in Issues in Hermenutics today *yawn* sorry Mr.Y


I have a few running "titles" for this post:


- everythings is an illustration

- a thousand thoughts per minute

- *sigh*/ YAY/ *sigh*/YAY

- WARNING EXTREMELY LONG POST FULL OF RANDOM THINGS...


hahaha, I have so much on my mind and heart and I feel like there is NO time to share it with anyone or anything *my journal* instead i try to pound some of it out on here....


Everything has become an illustration for me lately, for preaching to youth Ron has encouraged us to see the everyday things in our life and events of our life as illustrations to use in our talks...man alive my brain won't stop thinking in that way! EVERYTHING is becoming useable...not that i'm complaining we have to have a crap load by the end of this semester


Another proff. Doug, in pastoral practices asks us every class "what has God been doing in your life?" ....huh honestly when asked that i dont have a reply...yet God is ALWAYS active and always talking, i jsut have to be open to seeing him and listening to him...so this too has taken a whirl in my noggin!


I have my first "sermon/talk/whatever you want to call it" next thursday in class...and really not a crap load of timt to pull it together! *breath and release*


I really love praying for other people, this was made even more evident to me today, yet when it comes time to really pray into my own life and seek direction and repentance all that jazz, i tend to clam up and definatly not listen


I heard a lot about repentance today which got me thinking about how often we're inwardly focused and only see sin as consequences to us and how we have to confess so we can feel better and us us us...but what about God, think about how it pains God. I dont ever think of that, and as a confession i dont offten think about how sin effects my relationship with him or what i need to work on. I usually just talk talk talk away...


I've been getting pumped about ministry...honest ahhh


I feel way too spread out, my life is dispersed in every which way and i have no real sense of where i am half the time, am i in fort langley? abby? langley? with who am i with? what am i doing? what's my purpose? i have a meeting when?... my weeks just blend together as a ceasly wheel...i need a sabbath.


I had the FREAKIEST experience at the pool yesterday, thank God *for real* that Mel was there with me. long story *not really* but made really short. I didnt' eat much, did too many laps, went in the hot tub, got delirous, felt like i was going to die or pass out at the least. BUT i'm still here and i didnt' pass out.


I got great mail the other day....A letter from Hawaii *thanks JAN!!* a post card from Edinburgh *Thanks dan!!* and a package from alberta *thanks AMY!!*


i'm starting my internship soon, another 8 hours out of my week...hoenst where is it going to come from!? ha still have to talk to jay about the whole internship...hmm.
i love that my friends can come over and watch a movie in my room *on billy..my laptop!!* and i can go and do homework and they're totally ok with it.


God is so good, honest.


This year, CHANGE, reoccuring yes, and today God confronted me on well...stuff still needs to change, i may have stepped in the right direction but i am still way off the mark ...


hmm well...that's a few of my random thoughts of today...typing is so much faster than writting for me...


one of the things i was confonted with is being "so busy" with everything is ok, but putting it all before God ...hmmm not so ok hey? yet here i am...


"i'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her" - i've watched this movie twice ...well once and a bit in the last week. A hug, for the first person who can tell me where it comes from....MAIA and MEL are DISCLUDED*! * you get a hug anyways*

6 comments:

QueenBee said...

That line is from "Notting Hill" - spoken by Julia Robert to Hugh Grant...Do I win?

Pamela Joy said...

Dang it. They beat me. But honestly, I knew it was Julia Roberts but I was having a hard time placing the exact movie. Now I remember very clearly however. it's a goodun. I remember watching it in England it was so cool to be IN england watching a movie set in england.

Flip Flops Anonymous said...

I hope I still get a hug!! Keep sharing your thoughts Megs...

Dr. Coopernicus Who said...

I once wrote a paper on dispensationalism...maybe I'll mail that to you next!

Allison said...

megan, you have such a way of being... relevant, if that makes sense. thanks for sharing those snippits of your life - i needed to hear some of those things. i'm excited for you and your bible learning!

(btw, i also knew it was julia roberts and notting hill. w00t!)
(ps. is that picture from vancouver when we went w/ janice? if so, you got way better color results than i did)
loves!

shinbone #4 said...

nuts nuts nuts!! I totally would have got that... had i checked your blog sooner than anyone else. grrrr... I also have watched Notting Hill way too many times.

I love that you are finding "illustrations" everywhere. I know exactly what you mean. I am trying to work on a book right now, and I keep seeing things I can use, my worry is that I'll want to include them all, and in the end it will almost be unreadable. thousands of pages of illustration upon illustration. I guess I will have to save some for later :D