Wednesday, April 08, 2009

EGOCENTRIC

e-go-cen-tric [ee-goh-sen-trik, eg-oh-]

–adjective
1.
having or regarding the self or the individual as the center of all things: an egocentric philosophy that ignores social causes.
2.
having little or no regard for interests, beliefs, or attitudes other than one's own; self-centered: an egocentric person; egocentric demands upon the time and patience of others.
–noun
3.
an egocentric person.


This culture. our culture. is very aware of issues in the world. it's one that is set apart for a desire to reach beyond our own front door. to help others. social justice is something that is being more than talked about but acted out. we want causes worth dying for. we want to do more. be more. not just have more. it's a beautiful thing. yet. we are so. ego.centric. many may argue. and sure most often i would to. but i'm just rambling. but we are. atleast i am. sure i love others. spend time with others. often put aside my own "things" to care for others. but at the core of it. it comes down to me. when i'm not cared for. it's about me.


oops rant got interupted so it's over.

this post makes me seem horrible. I am not I.I . I ..I .. I am only expressing something. It started out thinking how others were egocentric. then i thought about why i'd thought that. the answer. because they werent really listening..... to ME!

HA!

No comments: