Sunday, February 22, 2009

Reunion with old friends

I'm a dork. The above line refers to the characters of Harry Potter. As you may know *if you read my blog* I was re-reading The Half Blood Prince. I finished it today and started devouring the seventh and final book "The Deathly Hallows".

I really do enjoy these books and have missed them... the characters that is. They make me laugh and yes Cry. They make me think, ponder and question. I know, I know they are fictional characters yadda yadda yadda and some may view I'm being swayed by magic and the occult...to that I say, nay! I understand if you dont want to read it, Pauls words in 1 Corinthians rings clear. However tonight I referenced Harrys plight in life to a friend who is struggling with apathy and a disconcerning situation. For them it was a reference that made it clear, a reference that actually illuminated her journey with the Lord.

I've also just realized that writing your thoughts, voicing your oppinions is a scary, precarious thing. So often your words are misconstrewed, misunderstood and mis-represented...


No comments: