Wednesday, December 14, 2005

For my English Composition Final...

...this was one of the questionL " write a subjective discriptive paragraph on someone or someplace you know well" ...this was mine...

The day has ended with the passing of the sun and the diligent rising of the moon, the place I know all to well awaits me in my room. It’s warmth all to absent until it is created, it’s true calling not fulfilled until I’m there. I peel back the layers in great expectation knowing that soon I will be encapsulated by the very materials I fold down. First the thin coloured afghan weaved in the streets of Tijuana, then the aging comforter that at one point matched the decor but now is out of place, and then the top sheet there to act as a mediator between myself and the comforter. These are pulled away from the thick rectangle that has grown so accustomed to me it knows the position in which I sleep and moulds itself accordingly. The pillow placed gingerly on top of the mattress awaits my head in as much anticipation as I await it’s soft mouldable presence. From the moment I lay down to the moment I rise I’m thankful for this bed that is as soft as your favourite scarf, and as warm as the mug carrying your coffee.

5 comments:

kaylie said...

so i'm going to apply to columbia and multnomah. i all ready applied to azusa pacific university like a month ago and it's complete, but i won't know if i get in until after january 15th. and if i don't get in i need a christian school with Global studies/intercultural studies/internationall studies as a major and for it to be on the west coast. so columbia bible college is an option. so...
what do you know about their intercultural studies program?
what's it like there?
what's your major?
do you see brent often?

Leslie Puiras said...

Good jorb megan. i especially like the last few lines

The Bean Bag Chair said...

Now i want my bed...lol...and it's still a looong day at work! I love ya and miss ya tons *muah*

Justin N said...

I like it I like it. It makes me miss my bed back at Wheaton. I thought I would like mine when I got home, but I realized that I brought my pillow and left it at college, and that my lil brother has all the good blankets in our room now... But yea. I'm picking up what you are laying down for that being a place I know well... (my bed that is- er.. I'm just going to stop talking)

Béthany said...

i had dill pickle chips today and was snapped instantly back to that moment when you made my day by sharing YOUR dill pickle chips in Laurens bed.

love these things. love visitors from canada who bring dill chips and caramel kit kats.