Sunday, October 12, 2008

*GOOBLE GOOBLE*

Well it's sunday evening, the house has returned to it's silent aoundtrack after being full of boisterous Hazeltons all day. Thanksgiving 2008 another great success, full of thankfulness, way too much food, family, friends and way too much food!

I do have a lot to be thankful for, however I will not make a list but know that in my heart I praise the Lord for who he is and what he has done for us, and what he is doing in my life.

I found out today that my dear friends Ryan and Melissa are engaged! OH JOY! It's so amazing.

One disapointment of the day...no american football...seriously I need to find an american household to invade on their thanksgivin' because all I wanted to do was play football on thanksgiving!

Oh and in 1957 is the year that Canada put out legislation declaring the reason for a "holiday" for giving thanks....

"For general thanksgiving to Almighty God for the blessings with which the people of Canada have been favoured"

Seriously cool right? This wasn't the first thanksgiving however it was then that it was decided to have it on every second monday of October and the final reason. And for the past 51 years it has been so...and with all the persecution of Christians in India and Iraq right now I'm truly thankful to the Almighty God for the blessings of freedom we have in Canada.

1 comment:

Elleah said...

Amen to that sista!