Tuesday, December 12, 2006

attraction is a weird thing.
unconsciously you look.
you like.
it becomes harder to ignore.
not merely people.
not merely objects.
not literal things.
not just thoughts.
not tangible.
not illusive.
not ideas.
not plans.
not you.
attraction is a misleading thing.
do you think it is?
it grabs my attention.
yet not yours.
why?
Attraction: a force acting mutually between particles of matter, tending to draw them together, and resisting their separation.
things aren't always as they seem.
poetic liberties.
attraction.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

attraction- something attractive about something else. i think my attraction to things is driven to wondering "how complete will having that thing make me". or, "how complete i think it will make me".

attraction- the pursuit of completelness in an empty world.

Flip Flops Anonymous said...

attraction is odd. sometimes i'm attracted to things that are minature. or to things that are shiny (kind of like a crow). ya, attraction of any kind is odd...enough said...haha

Anonymous said...

I like this poem really a lot. I find it quite applicable to my life at this moment in time. I think I will share it with my friend Kirsten. She'll appreciate it too. And your blurb on my link is oh so nice.
But I must correct you on one point. Janice did NOT start it all - if you're referring to blogging at least. Allison definetly did. She had one before we came to Capernwray. And then I and Josh got them next and then it spread from there. She was just the most consisted in it for a long time.

Anonymous said...

and by consisted I mean consistent.

The Bean Bag Chair said...

dang attraction...so strong and yet a weakness

Dr. Coopernicus Who said...

it grabs my attention.
yet not yours.
unless...

Anonymous said...

love it...